Friday, July 26, 2013

And They ARE “All That"

Sue Eckert, RN
Chief Nursing Executive
Our hospital is charged with extra energy (can that be possible?) as we are set to “go live” with our upgraded electronic medical records (EMR) tomorrow.

I am awe-struck at the accomplishments of our team – your caregivers – and that is a significant statement for me. As a nurse here for more than 30 years, I know what our associates are capable of. I saw them join forces on Sept. 11, 2001 like never before. I have seen them bear down and push forward to save lives. I have seen them do the extraordinary every day.

I want our community to know that our associates are extraordinarily well-prepared and well-trained for our new system. Their teamwork has been awe-inspiring.  Bedside nurses have stepped into leadership roles. Schedulers have learned to program spreadsheets. Informatics nurses have become logistics experts.  I've seen our fabulous nurse leaders encourage and manage their staff so well that no nurse has been left behind.

I want our community to know how grateful I am to the 1,700+ nurses who signed up and showed up for training. This was a hands-on, pull-your-weight, all-hands-on-deck, no-holds-barred, let's-get-it-together situation, and every single person came through.

That's amazing.

Now, let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment